Reconnecting with Your Child: Overcoming Disconnection and Building Stronger Relationships
In this episode, we receive an email from Mike, a loving father who feels disconnected from his 9-year-old daughter. Mike has been listening to the podcast and feels that he may have contributed to his daughter’s recent struggles with anger, negative self-esteem, and problems with her friends.
I think everything points to a relationship fracture. So I talk about that and what to do. Mike also asks me “Can I fix it?” and the answer is yes, absolutely. Finally, I talk about his daughter’s big emotions
Please check the links below, as I’ve linked to other podcasts that will give you more understanding and explain some of the techniques I talk about.
Follow me on Twitter: @thekidcounselor
Podcast HQ: https://www.playtherapyparenting.com/
My Newsletter Signup: https://www.playtherapyparenting.com/newsletter/
My Podcast Partner, Gabb Wireless: https://www.playtherapyparenting.com/gabb/
Links from this episode:
– The Dad Episode! – 4 Tips For Dads Implementing Play Therapy Skills.
– A “Revolutionary” Thing: Empathizing And Listening To Your Kids – A Dad’s Story
– The Importance of Learning to “BE” With Your Kid
– The Four “Pillars” of Play Therapy
– Overview Of Reflective Responding
– Reflective Responding In Play Therapy