The “Parenting Prison” – What It Is, And How To Get Out Of It
Most parents are stuck in a “prison”. I’ve called it the “Parenting Prison”. In this episode, I’m going to tell you what the Parenting Prison is, and how to get out of it. I’ll also touch on repeating familial cycles of parenting. We often parent the way we were parented (or the opposite)! I’ll briefly go over several common parenting styles, and why they are all ineffective. And finally I’ll discuss the #1 reason parenting responses are ineffective, and what you can do about it.
Links from this episode:
- Why Reasoning Doesn’t Work with Kids
- Stop trying to reason and rationalize with your child!
- Why Reflecting Feelings Works (even on adults!)
- 4 Pillars of Play Therapy
- The “4 Pillars of Play Therapy” – A training presentation I gave to the 300 school and guidance counselors from the Hillsborough County School System in the Tampa, FL area.